Thursday, September 4, 2008

Teacher Blogs



I know this blog Fascinate Educate is not your traditional K-12 "school" blog, but I felt it was important for me, as a future home schooler (boo... I know) to research at least one home school blog. For the traditional teacher, I also feel it is important to branch out and research homeschooling blogs because you will find MANY online resources and tons of creative ideas not so readily found in traditional teacher blogs. It was not mentioned in the blog why this parent decided that homeschooling was best for her child nor was it mentioned where the parent is from. Fascinate Educate did, however, provide lots of lesson plans, useful tips, teaching ideas, and many websites that support learning across all subjects. The site provided resources for year-round learning and included holiday/special days and seasons in addition to the separate pages and links on the site for cross-curriculum education.


I could spend DAYS going through this blog, The Teaching Palette . I am an art-fanatic and have been for as long as I can remember. I love the integration of the arts, learning about the arts, and practicing the arts in classrooms! This website is everything both art educators and all educators, for that matter, would need as a resource for teaching art (and some music, too) in the classroom. Main blog topics (which are regularly updated) include: 'Resources,' 'Classroom Management,' 'Cool + Creative' (tons of interesting links and YouTube videos,) 'Music + Art Integration,' 'Reviews' (comprised mostly of new gadget and art tool reviews,) and 'Techniques' (for educators.) All I can say, is CHECK THIS BLOG OUT! I love it!

No comments: