Monday, September 8, 2008

International Teacher Blogs

WOW! Okay, I did not find these international blogs very easy to find via Google! I went from blog to blog to blog and finally found two interesting enough to write about!



The first international teacher's blog I came across was waikiki2yanai.blogspot.com The picture above is of Chris's (teacher) students receiving a treat for a job well done! Chris is originally from Hawaii and is an English conversation teacher for Japanese elementary students. His teaching blog is dedicated mostly to praising his students and updates on what the students have been doing both in class and in extra curricular activities. There were no teaching strategies or anything I found very educational except that he occasionally posted pictures of his student's journal entries on the page and posted the "top ten" students who are doing the best in the class. 'Unusual' is the best description of his blog site.


The second blog I came across was a recent Canadian graduate teaching in London. She only began teaching a few weeks ago in GB, so her blog has been mostly about her initial experiences of first becoming accustomed to a different country and second teaching in a different country. The description of her first days of teaching are nothing short of hilarious. I recommend you read the post "The First Days of Teaching" and learn about speaking 'Canadian!' :D I found this a good blog to follow because I am interested in teaching abroad after I graduate so I hope to learn some helpful tips from her in the future! Check Arlene out at: The Next Adventure



Above is a picture of Arlene, apparently a Harry Potter fan, at Platform 9 3/4 at King's Cross rail station.

No comments: