Friday, November 14, 2008

Educaitonal Tools Podcast Improvement

The first podcast I listened to was my own group's podcast, the first podcast of the series of Technology Talk on iTunes, Facebook as an Educational Tool. My group members were myself, Stephanie Ellis and Jalisa Mobley. My first improvement was for myself: I say "you know" a little too often. For my own credit, I was having to speak off the top of my head about the short history and introduction of Facebook. I wish that we would have been able to keep up more of a conversational tone with our podcast. All in all, I would have to say that it was done well considering it was the first podcast we (our group) had ever done! Also, I like how our group discussed the professionalism of Facebook, and the problems that could arise with blogging.

The second podcast I listened to was another group's podcast by podcast hosts Theola Hines and Larrica Smith on Facebook as an Educational Tool. I like how one of the hosts was asking questions and the other student was responding. It was a little more conversational and lax than ours podcast. It seemed like talking over coffee and I enjoyed it more that way.

The last Facebook as an Educational Tool podcast I listened to was Allison Midgett and Shaundretta Bethel's. I could hear their nervousness in their voices but I did like how they had several applications that we didn't have. It provided some variety.

The last podcast I listened to was Adrienne Lynch, Joylyn Reese and Brian Stevens' You Tube as an Educational Tool. The group seemed a little nervous and each host did not speak very smoothly. They seemed like they either hadn't practiced or were nervous during the podcast. The podcast was informative, though. I feel they kept approaching the topic from the same angle.

No comments: